This is a question we get asked occasionally and the answer is…..YES!
Not many self-storage companies are able to offer this as an option to their customers. We are, at a heart, a shipping container company, because we love the flexibility of storage options they offer.
Some customers prefer to keep their things nearby. This could be a business customer who wants to keep their stock, parts or records to hand. It could be a domestic customer like Mrs G. She had a container delivered to her place so that she could keep her things at home whilst her house was being renovated. You can read her story here.
There are pros and cons to having a container at your place. The advantages are:
- You can get to your stuff quickly and easily without having to take a trip to the self-storage facility
- You can put new deliveries of stock and materials directly into your container
- The weekly rental is significantly less than self-storage
- You may feel more secure having your stuff where you can keep an eye on it
The disadvantages are:
- You will have to pay for the delivery and collection of the container
- Unless you have a key code gate and CCTV, your security may not be as good as ours
- Your contents will not be covered by our insurance
So, the choice is yours. If you have any questions or would like some more advice, please just get in touch.